Please use the following procedure for sending an audio file to MasterMix using our FTP server or the eMasterMix /YouSendIt service.
First, prepare your audio file(s):
Second, contact MasterMix (615-321-5970) and provide your name, email address, and project title. A username and password will be sent to you by email. Please specify whether you have a preference to use either FTP or eMasterMix/YouSendIt for this transfer.
- for stereo program, files should be stereo interleaved WAV or AIF;
- for multichannel program, files should be mono WAV or AIF (use .L, .R, etc. to identify channels)
- file names should use minimal characters (letters and numbers only, no spaces or punctuation);
- include any versions that you intend to have 'mastered' (vocal up/down version, instrumental for tracks, etc.).
- if you prefer, you may 'Stuff' or 'Zip' your files prior to sending, using the 'No Compression' setting;
- see formats for additional information on acceptable mastering sources.
Third, follow the detailed instructions available at 'sending via FTP' or 'eMasterMix Sign-in'. Regardless, your audio will not be accessible by anyone other than MasterMix, and will be placed in a discrete folder assigned to your project.
Fourth, when you have finished uploading, send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" indicating that you have completed sending all files relating to the project, or advise when further uploads may be expected. We generally only maintain access to these files for a period of 10 days unless special arrangements have been made.